Launch details for eight new TLDs
Update: Please note that the launch schedule for this TLD has been modified since first being announced. The schedule published below has been updated and approved by ICANN.
Google Registry will be launching eight new top-level domains in May 2023. These domains are:
- .Foo is a secure domain for developers. When you’re programming, change is constant. You can use .foo for everything and anything.
- .Zip is a secure domain for tying things together or moving really fast. Hosting content on a .zip domain means speed.
- .Mov is a secure domain for moving pictures and other things that move. For anything that moves you, .mov is the perfect domain.
- .Nexus is a secure domain that brings it all together. No matter what it is you’re doing online, .nexus can be your hub.
- .Dad is a secure domain for dads. Whether you’re a dad who wants to start a blog or someone showing appreciation for the father figures in your life, .dad is the place for fatherhood-related content.
- .Phd is for anyone with a doctorate. You've earned your diploma, now show off what you can do.
- .Prof is for professors. Show off your teaching credentials, research, and publications with a .prof domain.
- .Esq is a secure domain for lawyers or distinguished people. Get a .esq domain to showcase your BAR admissions, alma mater, work experience, and more.
If you’re interested in carrying these domains, please reach out to our support team for our RRA. If you are onboarding to Google Registry for the first time, please complete our Partner Interest Form. All eight domains will follow the same launch schedule. Here are the important dates to be aware of (all phases begin and end at 16:00 UTC):
- April 2nd, 2023 - May 3rd, 2023: Sunrise, where trademark holders who have submitted their trademark to the Trademark Clearinghouse can register domains on the new TLDs.
- May 3rd, 2023 - May 10th, 2023: Early Access Period (EAP), where anyone can register available domains in the new TLDs for an extra fee, which decreases leading up to General Availability.
- May 10th, 2023 and onwards: General Availability, where anyone can register available domains without paying an EAP fee.
Please note that a claims period will run indefinitely, during which trademark owners will receive notification when their marks are registered as domains.