EAP is a 7-day period in advance of General Availability (GA) during which domains can be registered immediately. During EAP there is a one-time early access fee in addition to the usual annual price for the domain, which can vary depending on whether the name is standard or premium. This early access fee is one time and not charged for renewals. There are five different price tiers in EAP, starting with the highest tier and decreasing each day as follows:
- 2018-10-02 16:00 UTC — Tier 1 begins (highest price tier)
- 2018-10-03 16:00 UTC — Tier 2 begins
- 2018-10-04 16:00 UTC — Tier 3 begins
- 2018-10-05 16:00 UTC — Tier 4 begins
- 2018-10-06 16:00 UTC — Tier 5 begins (lowest price tier, lasts 3 days)
- 2018-10-09 16:00 UTC — GA begins (no more additional one-time fee)
Domain name registrars set the price they charge for each EAP tier, and prices may vary across registrars. In addition to EAP, there are also premium domains; these domains have higher prices that are independent of EAP. These premium prices apply to renewals as well as initial registrations, and also apply in GA.