Applications are open for the .new Limited Registration Period
Starting Today, December 2nd 2019, anyone who wishes to register a .new domain name can apply to do so at whats.new.
Applications will be open until June 21, 2020. During the Limited Registration Period, Google Registry will judge application use case against the .new Registration Policy and user impact. We'll evaluate in batches to balance fairness for applicants with ensure successful applicants can secure their domains without delay.. First-come, first-served principles will not apply to applications within a single batch.
The batch evaluation dates are as follows:
- Batch 1: December 2, 2019 to January 5, 2020
- Batch 2: January 6, 2020 to February 2, 2020
- Batch 3: February 3, 2020 to March 1, 2020
- Batch 4: March 2, 2020 to March 29, 2020
- Batch 5: March 30, 2020 to April 26, 2020
- Batch 6: April 27, 2020 to May 24, 2020
- Batch 7: May 25, 2020 to June 21, 2020
In the event that multiple applicants in a batch submit compliant applications for the same single domain name, the domain name will be allocated to the strongest use case based on evaluation by the Google Registry team.
Please check out the .new FAQs to find out more.
The most interesting .new shortcuts will be highlighted on whats.new as 2020 progresses. We’re looking forward to seeing all the innovative use cases that .new will bring to life!